Thursday, January 19, 2012

For Chloe


Sometimes, it can get really tough trying to catch up with overly-active children, especially when they're too engrossed with their own group of friends, running all over the place. I can't help but to feel like I'm running through an army obstacle course, just to keep up. Take it like I'm a war photojournalist, but in a fun setting instead!


It's also hard to predict what these girls could do, like this one. Throughout their conversation, she kept doing that hand gesture while her quiet partner just sat and watched her actions. I wish I could listen to what they were talking about, but more than half of the time, I couldn't understand whatever they were trying to say.


Unless instructed by the parents, children hardly hug their friends. So I got lucky when I saw this pair hugging and spinning around the room, dancing to the song that was looping in the background.


And what are friends for? Chloe's necklace got unhooked, so she took the initiative to help her out. It was hard at first, since her fingers were so tiny, but hey, she managed to hook it back after quite some time!


This group of girls were listening to some instructions before a game. Girls, it's really bad to bite your fingernails. Not a good habit!


This was a really short yet sweet birthday party and all the children there were really receptive to me, so that made my job a whole lot easier. Children love cameras and as long as the photographer don't show them the mean and fierce look, they'll be happy to approach to ask to be photographed.

I get too attached to them at times, so there'll be parties where I'll just linger around after my shoot, just to play around with them and talk with their parents as well. It's nice to be able to communicate with everyone at the party; it makes me feel more human and less mechanical. That's why all these hardly feels like work to me only because I enjoy being a photographer as long as I deliver what is expected of me.

Hope your week is going great so far. Weekend's coming fast!

Love,
Roosh
Facebook | Site | Email

2 comments: