Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Think It's Time We Have Shoes


Cato's an adorable young man whom I shot for during his 7th birthday at The Chevrons' Bowling Centre. He's much like his father -- pretty charismatic. Cato never really spoke much though -- he's so engrossed & focused on the bowling game with his friends, I'm not even sure if he's aware of the photographer who kept tugging the camera under his nose. And of course, that photographer was yours truly.


What's fun about this shoot was that, it's at a bowling centre! How can bowling not be fun? It's one of my favourite hobbies too, though I never really got past the stage of amateur. But still, even if I didn't get the chance to play with them, running after all these kids was already exciting enough. Altogether, they had 8 lanes booked, and that's how much I had to cover just to capture those rare glimpses of the special moments. Moments like this one above, that 'cocky' boy look, don't come often, right? The man in this photo wasn't the boy's father though -- it would've been perfect if he was!


By walking on the slippery, waxed alley, this boy got all my respect. I'm so glad he didn't slip while he's pushing the ball back. You see, these kids don't have much power so almost half the time, you'd see these balls stopping midway through the alley -- there were 3 year old bowlers there too & that made it even cuter.


I've totally lost count of the number of birthday shoots I've done for kids, but what I can remember from all these are that kids make me happy. Even if they get into small quarrels with each other, you'll see them playing again just minutes after that. Kids seldom hold grudges. They just want to have fun whenever they can & not waste all that energy being sad & all. Their playfulness are so contagious, it's hard to not enjoy whatever I'm doing right now: shooting kids' birthday parties.


So I'd like to thank everyone who played their parts to make this birthday party for Cato a successful one, especially his awesome parents. Without their support, all the fun, joy & laughter shared on that day would not have been possible.

Love,
Roosh
Facebook | Site | Email

No comments:

Post a Comment