Friday, February 18, 2011

Holga 15B & 12MFC Flashes


A few days back, Jessie & I met up at Starbucks Parkway to review some of her photos that were taken at Lil Ryan's & since she just recently bought an external 3rd party flash, the Yongnuo YN-465 Flash, we thought we could try out her new toy too.

I had with me that day the Holga 135BC & its 15B flash but we decided to fix our Holga flashes on our Canon 1000D & 60D this time.


This photo above was my 15B flash, but she had the Holga 12MFC flash which had a guide number (GN) of 12 unlike my GN15 which simply means the 15B flash is more powerful. One other difference we spotted was that the 12MFC's metal contact point was much smaller than what is shown here on the 15B, but we weren't really sure if it mattered much, or at all.

After some testing, we found out that the 15B was able to be triggered off by both the 1000D & 60D almost flawlessly, unlike the 12MFC which didn't fire at all.

I'm sure the 12MFC's not faulty though because it worked well on our Holga 135BC & 120N, so I'm just wondering if that contact point's making all the difference on the different bodies.

We're able to fire off the 12MFC with the Phottix Aster wireless transmitter though.

Any idea why, my friends?

Love,
Roosh
Facebook | Site | Email

No comments:

Post a Comment