Monday, December 20, 2010

Poppin' Radio In The Ice


In my previous post 'Holga Mixing & Maxing', I wrote about using my radio popper to trigger the Holga 15B flash that's not attached to the camera but placed behind my subject. By doing so, I'm able to flash it simultaneously with my Canon 430EXII flash on my camera.

Many were asking me what exactly 'radio poppers' were.

If you've heard of the PocketWizard, you'll know how expensive it can be for the beginner photography enthusiasts. Well what I've got here is the cheaper alternative: Phottix Wireless Flash Triggers.

A complete set of the flash triggers will give you the transmitter & receiver. And what I like best about the Phottix Aster is that they can be triggered optically as well ie. flash will also fire off the Holga 15B when it's attached to the receiving end of the Phottix set. This feature is really useful for cameras that have no hot shoe mounts on them, but can still use their inbuilt flash to create the same effect.

My favourite vendor for those residing in Singapore would be Red Dot Photo. But there's always eBay or Amazon, always. I part most of my income through them anyway. Evil, evil..

So try this technique & do share your photos with us!

Cheers!

Love,
Roosh
FB.me
Facebook | Site | Email

No comments:

Post a Comment