Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holga Mixing & Maxing


Look at what I've got here: A Holga 15B flash with 5 colour filters for my Holga 135BC. And not only that, this attachment will work with any camera that has a standard hot shoe socket. So that means, it'll work with my Canon DSLR & also my Lubitel! Sounds fun? It sure is!


Khloe of Multiple Choice alerted us of the ongoing Singapore River Flea Market at Clarke Quay where she had set up a booth selling some of our favourite toy cameras & also a couple of fun accessories to go along with them. She's got great discounts going on for selected items there too so if you're interested, try to make it by Sunday as it'll be the last weekend before Christmas already. Hurry hurry!


Remember my previous post titled 'Lomography Mods' where I wrote about attaching my Canon 430EXII external flash to my Holga 135BC? If you look at this photo closely, I've actually done the reverse: My Canon  DSLR did some flashing with the 15B instead. Well, I've tried it out & the flash did work as I've expected.


And then, something struck me. Instead of directly attaching the Holga flash to my DSLR, why not utilise my radio popper as well? That way, while I have my 430EXII on the camera itself, the 15B flash unit can be used to provide some coloured background lighting as shown below:


I just needed to add a little fill with my Canon flash to light up the front of my subject. Needed a little trial & error though, but I was quite pleased with how it turned out in the end.

I'm actually quite excited for my shoot with Ika on the 24th. That'll be the best time for me to experiment lots of styles with her just because she's my crazy friend. So, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind, right? Of course she wouldn't!

What I'm doing now is just to source out for ideas for her shoot. Once it's done, we'll need to meet & discuss. For now, just proceed with your Christmas shopping.

Enjoy my friends! :)

Love,
Roosh
FB.me
Facebook | Site | Email

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your message about my grandma!

    my holga has the built in flash with different colors and I love using it for indoor shots and at night :) just makes the shot more interesting.

    leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lianne!

    I used to own a Holga 120CFN but I sold it off since I wanted to get the 135BC at that point of time. Actually, I kinda hated the 120 that time but I think I'm regretting that decision. I may get the 120N though, just to play around with 120 film.

    Hope you're doing well! :)

    -Roosh

    ReplyDelete